martes, 21 de enero de 2020

UNIT 3______SOLUTIONS

UNIT 3

1.- COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH: this, that, these, those
     1) Can I introduce you? Sandra, ____this______ is John. John, ____this______ is Sandra.
     2) Is ___that_______ Peter over there? No, ____that______ is Tim.
     3) I’m really busy _____this__________ morning.
     4) Is _____that_____ a kitten over there?
     5) Sorry, is ____this______ your pencilcase? Oh, yes. Thank you.
     6) Who are _____those_____ tall men over there in front of the newsagent?
     7) Excuse me! Is ____this______ seat free? No, it isnt.
     8) What are ____those______ over there? Are they owls? Yes, they are.
     9) I’m sorry I’m late. ___this_______ is all right. Come and sit.
   10) _______That________ cake you made last week was delicious. 
   11) Let me introduce you. Sue, ____this___________ is Tom. 
   12) I’m going to take back _____those__________ shoes I bought last week. 
   13) Are you going to watch _____this__________ DVD with us? 
   14) First you need to chop up ______those_________ tomatoes over there. 
   15) Hello, _____this__________ is Nick speaking. 
   16) Yes, ______that_________’s right. I completely agree with you.
   17) _____This__________ is my dog Bob and ______that_________ is his hut over there.
   18) Is ______that_________ your car behind the tree?
   19) _______These________ are our flowers. Look at them! They are colourful.
   20) ________Those_______ are Phil’s books over there.
   21) Is ________that_______ your bag under the chair?
   22) Look at ______this_________ newspaper here.
   23) _____These__________ are my grandparents and _______those________ people over there are my grandparents’ friends.
   24) _____That__________ building over there is the Chrysler Building.
  
2.- FILL IN THE GAPS WITH ONE or ONES
     1) There are three helmets on the shelf, two green ____ones___________ and a 
          red ____one__________. 
    2) David wants to buy a new football. He can choose between a black 
         _______one________ and a blue ______one_________.
    3) He must buy a new T-shirt. His old _______one__________ is too small. 
    4) They’ve got lots of socks here, but the white ________ones________ are the best. 
    5) If you buy two table tennis balls, you get a third ______one_________ free. 
    6) Steve needs some new white shorts, but the sports shop has only got blue 
       _____one_________.
     7) I don’t like this Tshirt please show me another ____one_______.
     8) I like Austrian music better than Spanish _____one______.
     9) Does John drink Italian wines or Spanish ___ones________.
   10) Do you want a big dog or a small _____one______?
   11) Mike has got new CDs and old ____ones_______.
   12) There are five building blocks on the table. Four pink ____ones_______ and a 
         yellow ____one_______ . 
   13) I’d like to try this suit on. Which ___one________? The black ___one________ . I 
        don’t like the colour of the other ____ones_______.  
   14) Give me the peppers, please. There are three different ____ones_______ . The 
         green ____one_______, the red ____one_______ and the yellow ____one_______. 
   15) Look at those trousers! I really like them. Which ____ones_______ are you talking about? The blue ____ones_______ or the black ___ones________.

3.- CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER 
1) How …..   children do you and Tony have?
    a) much          b) little           c) many          d) a little
2) I don't have …..  patience and I find jigsaw puzzles boring.
     a) any          b) few          c) some           c) many
3) My mum gave me ….. money for the shopping so I gave it  some back 
     a) little          b) many           c) too much           d) too many
4) We only have  ….. carrots. We should go and buy some more.
     a) many           b) a few          c) a little          d) few
5) "Do we need any mushrooms?" "No, we have …..  . Look, 1 bag!"
     a) much            b) little          c) few          d) enough
6) There was an explosion at the factory and …..  people were injured. We don't know 
     how many yet.
     a) any           b) some           c) much          d) too much
7) Do you think there are ….. cars on the roads these days?
    a) few          b) too much          c) enough          d) too many
8) When you make the pie, put …..  wine in too. But not too much! It makes it really 
    tasty.
     a) much          b) many          c) a few          d) a little
9) There are ….. mangoes on the tree .
    a) so many          b) so much          c) little          d) much
10) When you go out, buy me …..  apple and a bottle of Coke.
    a) a          b) an          c) some          d) any
11) I don't need …..  advice from you. You don't understand the problem!
     a) some          b) much          c) any          d) many
12) "Do you like this programme?" "Not ….. . You can change the channel if you 
     want."
     a) many          b) much          c) some          d) any 
13) I have never eaten ….. food in my life.
     a) so many          b) too many          c) too much          d) so much
14) I have been to America …..  times. Twice in 1996 and again last year.
      a) many           b) much          c) a litte          d) a few
15) Can you give me …..  information about the buses in the city centre please?
     a) some          b) an          c) much         d) many
16)   ….. people think he is stupid, but he's actually quite intelligent.
        a) Much          b) Any           c) Many          d) Few
17) I didn’t know that there were ….. animals in that zoo.
     a) so much          b) much          c) enough          d) so many
18) Don’t put ….. sugar in my cup, please.
     a) so much          b) so many          c) a few          d) too many 
      19) Venice has ….. tourists in summer.
            a) too much          b) too many           c) few          d) much
      20) It is ….. warm here, I’ll open the window.
            a) a little          b) many          c) too many          d) too much

4.- ADD THE TAG QUESTIONS
     1) There are no pencils in the pencil case, _______aren’t there__________________?
     2) I am happy with my students, _____aren’t I____________________?
3) He is late this morning, __________isn’t he_____________? 
4) The hotel was quite good, ________wasn’t it________________? 
5) She cooks well, _________doesn’t she______________? 
6) You can’t tell the difference, __________can you_______________? 
7) They always sleep after lunch, _____________don’t they_____________?
8) You’re coming with us, ______aren’t you_________________?
9) Mary plays football, ________doesn’t she________________? 
10) You didn’t have any lessons this morning, _______did you________________?
11) Ann is on holiday, ________isn’t she______________? 
12). The students see it everyday, ________don’t they________________? 
13) Mr Priestley doesn’t know your father, ______does he________________?
14) Finding a job isn’t easy, ____is it___________________?  
15) I am not disturbing you, ________aren’t I_____________? 
16) Tom does his work very well, _____doesn’t he___________________? 
17) . Smoking ruins our health, _______doesn’t it_________________?
18) She likes quiet places, _________doesn’t she_____________? 
19) Tom doesn’t play the piano, ______does he_________________? 
20) They didn’t hurt the child, __________did they_____________? 
21) There were two car accidents yesterday, ________weren’t there_______________?
22) Tourists used to come here, _______didn’t they_________________?
23) You haven’t got a computer, _______have you_________________? 
24) You don’t have to follow him, ________do you________________? 
25) Most people cannot go to Africa, _______can they_________________?
26) He didn’t have to choose one, ________did he_______________?
27) He has got to leave, _______hasn’t he_______________?
28) Jennifer won’t finish her housework on time, _________will she________________?
29) Harry will have to tell the truth, _________won’t he________________?
30) We can’t stop here, _________can we________________?

5.- CHANGE THESE SENTENCES INTO REPORTED SPEECH
     1) “Open the window, Bob” she told.
          She told Bob to open the window.
     2) “Don’t be late, Jim”, his mother told.
           His mother told Jim not to be late.
     3) “Do your homework or I’ll punish you” Ann’s mother told her.
           Ann’s mother told her to do her homework or she would punish her.
     4) “Don’t talk to strange” he told me.
          He told me not to talk to strange.
     5) “Get out of my way, Charlie” she told.
          She told Charlie to get out of her way.
     6) “Don’t believe a word what he says” she told me.
          She told me not to believe a word what he said.
     7) “Take it three times a day” the doctor told him.
          The doctor told him to take it three times a day.
     8) “Don’t accuse me” Tom told us.
           Tom told us not to accuse him.
     9) “Bring me some food” the beggar told her.
           The beggar told her to bring him some food.
   10) “Don’t trust your colleagues” he told me.
          He told me not to trust my colleagues.
   11) “Call me tomorrow” he told her.
           He told her to call her the next day.
   12) “Don’t make so much noise” the teacher told the students.
          The teacher told the students not to make so much noise.
   13) “Stop making excuses” they told him
          They told him to stop making excuses.
   14) “Don’t threaten me” the boy told the bully.
           The boy told the bully not to threaten him
   15) “Open your mouth” the dentist told me.
          The dentist told me to open my mouth.
   16) “Stand in the line” the colonel ordered us.
          The colonel ordered us to stand in the line.
   17) “Don’t blame yourself” my mum told me.
          My mum told me not to blame myself. 
   18) “Don’t scratch the sofa, Minnie” Robert told.
           Robert told Minnie not to scratch the sofa.
   19) “Stay away from the dog when he is eating, children” the mother told.
           The mother told the children to stay away from the dog when he was eating.
   20) “Don’t eat so much junk food” the doctor told me.
           The doctor told me not to eat so much junk food.
   21) “Don’t put on your shoes” Ann’s mother told her.
          Ann’s mother told her not to put her shoes
   22) “Open your book” the teacher told us.
         The teacher told us to open our books.
   23) “Don’t be mad at me” she told him.
         She told me not to be mad at her.
  24) “Get on your feet” the coach told Arthur.
         The coach told Arthur to get on his feet.
  25) “Give me your receipt” the cashier told me.
         The cashier told me to give him/her my receipt.
   26) “Help me with my homework” we told her.
          We told her to help us with our homework.
   27) “Don’t park here” the officer told us.
           The officer told us not to park there.
   28) “Move out of the way” the ambulance driver told the pedestrians.
           The ambulance told the pedestrians to move out of the way.
   29) “Wait for me” Daniel told his mother.
          Daniel told his mother to wait for him.
   30) “Don’t act like a child” the father told her.
          The father told her not to act like a child.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

UNITS 7 & 8

UNIT 7 – 8 EXERCISES – SOLUTIONS - 3RD ESO 1.- WRITE THE SUPERLATIVE IN NEXT SENTENCES      1) January is often _________________________...