jueves, 12 de diciembre de 2019

UNIT 3

UNIT 3

1.- COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH: this, that, these, those
     1) Can I introduce you? Sandra, __________ is John. John, __________ is Sandra.
     2) Is __________ Peter over there? No, __________ is Tim.
     3) I’m really busy _______________ morning.
     4) Is __________ a kitten over there?
     5) Sorry, is __________ your pencilcase? Oh, yes. Thank you.
     6) Who are __________ tall men over there in front of the newsagent?
     7) Excuse me! Is __________ seat free? No, it isnt.
     8) What are __________ over there? Are they owls? Yes, they are.
     9) I’m sorry I’m late. __________ is all right. Come and sit.
   10) _______________ cake you made last week was delicious. 
   11) Let me introduce you. Sue, _______________ is Tom. 
   12) I’m going to take back _______________ shoes I bought last week. 
   13) Are you going to watch _______________ DVD with us? 
   14) First you need to chop up _______________ tomatoes over there. 
   15) Hello, _______________ is Nick speaking. 
   16) Yes, _______________’s right. I completely agree with you.
   17) _______________ is my dog Bob and _______________ is his hut over there.
   18) Is _______________ your car behind the tree?
   19) _______________ are our flowers. Look at them! They are colourful.
   20) _______________ are Phil’s books over there.
   21) Is _______________ your bag under the chair?
   22) Look at _______________ newspaper here.
   23) _______________ are my grandparents and _______________ people over there 
         are my grandparents’ friends.
   24) _______________ building over there is the Chrysler Building.
   
2.- FILL IN THE GAPS WITH ONE or ONES
     1) There are three helmets on the shelf, two green _______________ and a 
          red ______________. 
    2) David wants to buy a new football. He can choose between a black 
         _______________ and a blue _______________. 
    3) He must buy a new T-shirt. His old _________________ is too small. 
    4) They’ve got lots of socks here, but the white ________________ are the best. 
    5) If you buy two table tennis balls, you get a third _______________ free. 
    6) Steve needs some new white shorts, but the sports shop has only got blue 
       ______________.
     7) I don’t like this Tshirt please show me another ___________.
     8) I like Austrian music better than Spanish ___________.
     9) Does John drink Italian wines or Spanish ___________.
   10) Do you want a big dog or a small ___________?
   11) Mike has got new CDs and old ___________.
   12) There are five building blocks on the table. Four pink ___________ and a 
         yellow ___________ . 
   13) I’d like to try this suit on. Which ___________? The black ___________ . I 
        don’t like the colour of the other ___________.  
   14) Give me the peppers, please. There are three different ___________ . The 
         green ___________, the red ___________ and the yellow ___________. 
   15) Look at those trousers! I really like them. Which ___________ are you talking 
        about? The blue ___________ or the black ___________.

3.- CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER 
1) How …..   children do you and Tony have?
    a) much          b) little           c) many          d) a little
2) I don't have …..  patience and I find jigsaw puzzles boring.
     a) any          b) few          c) some           c) many
3) My mum gave me ….. money for the shopping so I gave it  some back 
     a) little          b) many           c) too much           d) too many
4) We only have  ….. carrots. We should go and buy some more.
     a) many           b) a few          c) a little          d) few
5) "Do we need any mushrooms?" "No, we have …..  . Look, 1 bag!"
     a) much            b) little          c) few          d) enough
6) There was an explosion at the factory and …..  people were injured. We don't know 
     how many yet.
     a) any           b) some           c) much          d) too much
7) Do you think there are ….. cars on the roads these days?
    a) few          b) too much          c) enough          d) too many
8) When you make the pie, put …..  wine in too. But not too much! It makes it really 
    tasty.
     a) much          b) many          c) a few          d) a little
9) There are ….. mangoes on the tree .
    a) so many          b) so much          c) little          d) much
10) When you go out, buy me …..  apple and a bottle of Coke.
    a) a          b) an          c) some          d) any
11) I don't need …..  advice from you. You don't understand the problem!
     a) some          b) much          c) any          d) many
12) "Do you like this programme?" "Not ….. . You can change the channel if you 
     want."
     a) many          b) much          c) some          d) any 
13) I have never eaten ….. food in my life.
     a) so many          b) too many          c) too much          d) so much
14) I have been to America …..  times. Twice in 1996 and again last year.
      a) many           b) much          c) a litte          d) a few
15) Can you give me …..  information about the buses in the city centre please?
     a) some          b) an          c) much         d) many
16)   ….. people think he is stupid, but he's actually quite intelligent.
        a) Much          b) Any           c) Many          d) Few
17) I didn’t know that there were ….. animals in that zoo.
     a) so much          b) much          c) enough          d) so many
18) Don’t put ….. sugar in my cup, please.
     a) so much          b) so many          c) a few          d) too many 
      19) Venice has ….. tourists in summer.
            a) too much          b) too many           c) few          d) much
      20) It is ….. warm here, I’ll open the window.
            a) a little          b) many          c) too many          d) too much

4.- ADD THE TAG QUESTIONS
     1) There are no pencils in the pencil case, _________________________?
     2) I am happy with my students, _________________________?
3) He is late this morning, _______________________? 
4) The hotel was quite good, ________________________? 
5) She cooks well, _______________________? 
6) You can’t tell the difference, _________________________? 
7) They always sleep after lunch, __________________________? 
8) You’re coming with us, _______________________?
9) Mary plays football, ________________________? 
10) You didn’t have any lessons this morning, _______________________? 
11) Ann is on holiday, ______________________? 
12). The students see it everyday, ________________________? 
13) Mr Priestley doesn’t know your father, ______________________? 
14) Finding a job isn’t easy, _______________________?  
15) I am not disturbing you, _____________________? 
16) Tom does his work very well, ________________________? 
17) . Smoking ruins our health, ________________________?
18) She likes quiet places, ______________________? 
19) Tom doesn’t play the piano, _______________________? 
20) They didn’t hurt the child, _______________________? 
21) There were two car accidents yesterday, _______________________? 
22) Tourists used to come here, ________________________? 
23) You haven’t got a computer, ________________________? 
24) You don’t have to follow him, ________________________? 
25) Most people cannot go to Africa, ________________________?
26) He didn’t have to choose one, _______________________?
27) He has got to leave, ______________________?
28) Jennifer won’t finish her housework on time, _________________________?
29) Harry will have to tell the truth, _________________________?
30) We can’t stop here, _________________________?

5.- CHANGE THESE SENTENCES INTO REPORTED SPEECH
     1) “Open the window, Bob” she told.
          
     2) “Don’t be late, Jim”, his mother told.
           
     3) “Do your homework or I’ll punish you” Ann’s mother told her.

     4) “Don’t talk to strange” he told me.

     5) “Get out of my way, Charlie” she told.

     6) “Don’t believe a word what he says” she told me.
          
     7) “Take it three times a day” the doctor told him.
          
     8) “Don’t accuse me” Tom told us.
           
     9) “Bring me some food” the beggar told her.
           
   10) “Don’t trust your colleagues” he told me.
          
   11) “Call me tomorrow” he told her.

   12) “Don’t make so much noise” the teacher told the students.
          
   13) “Stop making excuses” they told him
          
   14) “Don’t threaten me” the boy told the bully.
           
   15) “Open your mouth” the dentist told me.
          
   16) “Stand in the line” the colonel ordered us.
          
   17) “Don’t blame yourself” my mum told me.
 
   18) “Don’t scratch the sofa, Minnie” Robert told.
           
   19) “Stay away from the dog when he is eating, children” the mother told.
           
   20) “Don’t eat so much junk food” the doctor told me.

   21) “Don’t put on your shoes” Ann’s mother told her.
          
   22) “Open your book” the teacher told us.
         
   23) “Don’t be mad at me” she told him.
         
  24) “Get on your feet” the coach told Arthur.
         
  25) “Give me your receipt” the cashier told me.
         
   26) “Help me with my homework” we told her.
          
   27) “Don’t park here” the officer told us.
           
   28) “Move out of the way” the ambulance driver told the pedestrians.

   29) “Wait for me” Daniel told his mother.
          
   30) “Don’t act like a child” the father told her.
          

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

UNITS 7 & 8

UNIT 7 – 8 EXERCISES – SOLUTIONS - 3RD ESO 1.- WRITE THE SUPERLATIVE IN NEXT SENTENCES      1) January is often _________________________...