jueves, 10 de enero de 2019

UNIT 3

USE much/many/so much/so many/less/(a) little/ (a) few/fewer/enough/some/any/a lot of

1.  We are going to be late. There is so  _____________traffic.

I have never seen so _____________________cars!

2. "Can you bring soda to the picnic? I don't have ___________."

   "Yeah, I think I've got ________________left over from the last party"

3. "How do you feel about your new job? Do you have as_____________responsibilities as you used to?"

    "The job is great. I have_______________ (less / fewer) stress and

   ________________ (less / fewer) problems"

4.  I think I probably made _______________(few / a few) mistakes in the exam, but I have the feeling I did well overall.

5. Mr. President, do you think ________________ (much / many) of your proposed legislation will be passed by Congress during this session?

 6. Alice isn't fast ___________ as to pass the physical test to be a police officer.

7. Don't buy ___________ eggs. We have _____________ (much/enough/ a lof of)  to make the cake.

8. I have __________ (little/a little/few/a few) money. I can't even buy a sandwich.

9. I have _____________ (little/a little/few/a few) money. I can buy a sandwich.

10. __________________ (little/a little/few/a few) people attended the party. It was boring.

11. I have ____________________(little/a little/few/a few) novels by Agatha Christie. You can borrow one.

12. "Is there _______________ cheese in the fridge?"
"No, but there are ______________________ cookies if you are hungry"

13. There are _____________ (many/a lot/much) people interested in his speech.

14. They live in a very small flat because they have  _______________ (a little/little/a few/few) money.

15. I really need to see him. I've got ________    (a little/little/a few/few) questions to ask him.

16. Could we have  _______________ (a little/little/a few/few)  champagne, please?

17. They've already been to Spain _________________   (a little/little/a few/few) times.

18. These plants require  __________________ water. Water them occasionally.

19. 'How's your father ?' '    ___________________better, thanks.'

20. 'Sandra is fluent in Italian, French and Spanish.' 'It's quite rare,     ______________ people can speak several foreign languages.'

21. This boy isn't very popular at school. He's got very  ______________friends.

22. Andy doesn't have ____________ money to go the cinema.


TAG QUESTIONS
1. She loves pizza, _________________?
2. He can't dance tango, _____________________?
3. They are quite fluent in German; ______________________?
4. I am a very punctual person, _______________________?
5. We enjoyed the film so much, _____________________?
6- Your dad is always watching tv, _______________________?
7. She should stop smoking, ___________________________?
8. He won't help anyone, _________________________?
9. He's always late, _________________________?
10. You wouldn't like to come to the party, _______________________?
11. It didn't rain, last Monday, ___________________________?
12. You never travel by plane, ____________________________?
13. You ate paella yesterday, ______________________________?
14. Alice was in class last Tuesday,_________________________?
15. We weren't studying at 4 o'clock, ________________________?
16. He can speak French, ________________________?
17. Andy came by bus, ____________________________?
18. We agree about bullfighting, ______________________?
19. Sally is a vegetarian, _________________________?
20. Homer works at a nuclear plant, _________________________?
21. It's colder than yesterday, ________________________?
22. You will pass your exams, _______________________?
23. This computer doesn't work, ____________________?
24. She explains Maths very well, ___________________________?
25. They're installing a new alarm system in the office tomorrow, ______________?
26. The students weren’t listening, _______________________?
27. You flew with EasyJet, __________________________?
28. Sally hasn’t finished the project, ______________________?

CHANGE THESE SENTENCES INTO REPORTED SPEECH

1. “Close the window now”, he said to me
He…

2. “Open the book to page 125”, the teacher told the students.
The teacher…

3. “Don’t wash the white clothes and the black clothes together”, mu mum said to me
My mum…

4. “Don’t park here”, the policeman told us.
The policeman…

5. “Use his calculator”, Tom told her.
Tom….

6. “Don’t smoke in this room”, my dad said to me.
My dad…

7. Pick up the children today”, he said to his wife.
He…

8. “Don’t watch that movie tonight”, she told them.
She…

9. “Buy some milk on the way home”, she told him.
She….

10. “Don’t use our computer”, they told us.
They…

11. “Sweep the floor now”, my boss told me.
My boss…

12. “Don’t put these dirty clothes on the bed”, my dad said to us.
My dad…

13. “Don’t wear this t-shirt on such a cold day”, she said to me.
She…

14. “Leave the light on tonight”, he told me.
He…

15. “Don’t cook for me tomorrow”, she told me.
She …

16. “Eat some more salad”, his mum said to  him.
His mum…

17. “Hide this money in your room”, he said to me.
He…

18. “Don’t kill the ants!”, he told the children.
He…

19. “Wash my car tomorrow”, he told his son.
He…

20. “Take a picture of me”, he said to her.
He…

21.  “Send Peter an e-mail tonight”, his boss told him.
His boss…

22. “Lock all these doors”, her manager said to her.
Her manager…

24. “Take your dog to the vet next Saturday”, he said to his daughter.
He…

25. “Drive me to the airport next week”, she told her husb


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

UNITS 7 & 8

UNIT 7 – 8 EXERCISES – SOLUTIONS - 3RD ESO 1.- WRITE THE SUPERLATIVE IN NEXT SENTENCES      1) January is often _________________________...