miércoles, 6 de marzo de 2019

PAST SIMPLE AND PAST CONTINUOUS_____KEY

PAST SIMPLE OR PAST CONTINUOUS?

1.      At six o´clock this morning I (have).........WAS HAVING...........................a wonderful dream,
but then the alarm (go) .............WENT..........................off.
2.      This time yesterday I (lie) .........WAS LYING..............................on the beach.
3.      When I walked in they (all talk).............WERE TALKING..............................about babies.
4.      I saw Sid when I (come).........WAS COMING...............................to work this morning. He (shop).........................WAS SHOPPING......................
5.      She (meet)...........MET.........................her husband while she (travel)................WAS TRAVELLING..............in Egypt.
6.      While I (talk)............WAS TALKING......................to Mrs. Singleton somebody (walk) .........WALKED.......................into my office and (steal).......STOLE...........................the computer.
7.      When Jake (come) .....CAME..........................in everybody (stop) .........STOPPED........................talking.
8.      I (look) ...........LOOKED............................out of the window and (see)..............SAW..........that we (fly).........WERE FLYING............................over the mountains.
9.      I (wake) ................WOKE.....................up to find that water (pour)...........WAS POURING............. through the bedroom ceiling.
10. He (break) ...........BROKE.......................his leg while he (play).......WAS PLAYING.........................
football.
11. I (go).........................WENT..............to see how she (be).........WAS............... and found that she (cry).........................WAS CRYING................
12. She (tell) ........TOLD...........................me she (have)......WAS HAVING........................... a  bad 
time with her husband.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

UNITS 7 & 8

UNIT 7 – 8 EXERCISES – SOLUTIONS - 3RD ESO 1.- WRITE THE SUPERLATIVE IN NEXT SENTENCES      1) January is often _________________________...